Senior Marketing Manager, Asia
Job ID: 2016-1098
Position Location: Country: Cambodia
Position Location: Country: Cambodia
Location: preference for Phnom Penh, Delhi, Yangon; other locations within region negotiable
Up to 50% regional/international travel
Reports to the Technical Director, Asia Region with dotted line to Deputy Director, Global Marketing Department (GMD)
Who we are
Be Part of Something Powerful and Different
We’re Population Services International (better known as “PSI”), a global health non-profit. We aim to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan their families by marketing affordable health products and services (think mosquito nets, condoms, HIV testing and more). We are a $640m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 60 countries. Check out www.psi.org for more on what gets us out of bed in the morning.
PSI’s Asia Region uses commercial sector marketing know-how to improve health systems in ten countries. We are looking for a skilled and dynamic marketing specialist dedicated to making markets work for the poor and vulnerable. We have an ambitious agenda that includes designing social enterprise models and working alongside national health systems to deliver products and services that transform lives. The Regional Marketing Advisor will be the strategic lead for marketing in Asia at a moment of profound change and opportunity. The Regional Marketing Advisor will be joining the Asia Regional Technical Team and will work closely with the Global Marketing Team.
A BIT ABOUT THE GLOBAL MARKETING TEAM
We are looking for a values-driven professional who is looking to make a positive social impact. Someone who believes commercial business and marketing approaches can help address health problems around the world. We are a dynamic team based in Washington, DC and around the world. We are adept at operating in a diffuse, resource constrained environment to apply clear-eyed and cutting-edge marketing approaches that generate real improvements in the lives of those we serve. We add value through building and implementing marketing tools that take our country operations to the next level. We connect with our colleagues by driving changes that make their marketing and management decisions easier and better. We build confidence through building trust. And we try to fail fast – and learn from those failures. We don’t toil in an ivory tower. If this sounds like your cup of tea, read on!
- Lead marketing strategy development and implementation for the Asia region
- Lead the social enterprise development agenda across PSI countries in Asia
- Lead regional implementation of the Market Development Approach to systematically understand current health markets and design “quantum leap forward” programs
- Lead efforts to design, launch, and scale regional brands in Asia
- Source manufacturers, negotiate regional partnerships and distribution agreements, and bring commercial discipline to supply chain management
- Invigorate PSI Asia’s marketing efforts by supporting the application of core marketing tools and processes for marketing planning and marketing decision making
- Bring advanced brand and category management thinking to existing and new portfolios of products and services to ensure increased uptake and use
- Instill rigor into our marketing planning to achieve sustainability using consistent P&L discipline to relevant products within our portfolio
- Increase data-driven decision making, resulting in better consumer and market insight as well as enhanced use of routine monitoring data
- Catalyze an evolution of our sales and distribution networks to be more cost-efficient and impactful
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
“Street Cred.” You have 8+ years experience generating tangible results in the consumer or pharmaceutical marketing fields, including experience in a variety of resource-challenged settings.
Flexibility. You are a proactive leader who catalyzes innovation by influencing strategy and working through others.
Think big. You care about pressing issues, like improving the health of the world’s poor. Impact is a priority.
Humble. You realize what you don’t know is a lot more than what you know, and you don’t care who gets credit for real progress. You relish the challenge of driving change through persuasion and influence, not delegation.
Curious. You’re an information sponge and understand that what worked yesterday won’t necessarily work today (or tomorrow), that each context requires a new set of eyes.
Analytical. You know your way around a P&L, have a thorough knowledge of consumer and market research, and can speak in cost accounting terms.
Simplify. You quickly distill complexity to essential and simple concepts and approaches.
Full speed ahead. You balance thorough thinking with informed action, but realize the best learning is done through doing.
Communications ninja. You get your message across with style. You boil it down when clarity is key and embroider it when a sale hangs in the balance.
- Level 5
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status